Sunday 12 September 2010

Video analysis

Today i have been looking at music video's and the way they have been filmed. I looked for effects that were used and camera shots used aswell. i found this interesting and it has given me many idea's for my own music video and what i might use.

The first video i have decided to watch is oasis - wonderwall. This music video is filmed in black and white and i like the idea of using this in our video. I think that it makes is look more edgy and creates a slightly more negative vibe to the video which i like the idea of using. They also use flashes between cuts as though it was a camera flash. I think this makes it feel old fashioned but at the same time i think it represents the fame etc. I also like the way they have camera shots of random props and people dressed as clowns. I think this would'nt work as well if it was shot in colour but because of it being in black and white it adds to the edgy, dark feel of the video. I like the way they use long shots of the band sat down together because to me it represents the band as one and shows the realtionship between them.

The second video i watched was oasis - shock of the lightning. This video was slightly more complicated and although their is elements of this video that i am unable to

No comments:

Post a Comment